Friday, December 14, 2012

Saddened

I'm deeply saddened by the tragedies that happened in a Connecticut Kindergarten and a a school gate in China this morning.

I am praying for the families and friends of the 22 Chinese Children and the 18 American Children and the 8 adults.

I am even more determined to become a schoolteacher.

Some plans for my classroom:

Community involvement.

Group work.

Adopt-a-Grandparent from a local Senior Center/Community/Care Facility

Reading Buddies with a younger grade/special needs peers.

Compassion and Community lessons.

Ballroom/Medieval European/American Folk/Native American Dancing


Cursive Handwriting practice through letter and thank you note writing.




People say I will be disappointed and I will not be able to do any of this.
People say I won't have time with everything required by law.
People say I am too optimistic and naive.

To those people I say "Boo to you! I will prove you wrong in 1.5-2years!"

No comments:

Post a Comment