Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SCA "It Takes My Child to Raze a Village" Saturday!!!

IT TAKES MY CHILD TO RAZE A VILLAGE - went VERY well!

We haven't debriefed yet, not til this Sunday at the Canton meeting, but I am pleased.

Best parts! (In my opinion!)

Bruise Butter- Mom's activity - went well!

Smelly Science- self-led sniffing!
 
The Fencing Challenge!!!! - We ACTUALLY had 1 winner in each division!!!
Division 3 Challenge


The Plague Game (always a favorite!)
Plague Game


Family Dragon worked! (New game I created!) Players walk around introducing themselves to people they don't know, I call out a number and they join a group that size, then I call out something for them to use their bodies to make. Example: *Firm handshake* "Hi! My name is SJ and I love pizza." repeat. "Four!" (I also hold up 4 fingers!) They form groups of four and I then shout "Tower" the four people use their bodies to form a tower. Then I give them a new topic (favorite color, ninjas vs pirates, favorite article of clothing, etc.) and they resume making introductions. Then I call out a different number and object: 2- Throne w/ a person sitting on it; Family Dragon (they have to find their Family members and become a Fierce Dragon!!! I wish we'd video taped it!!!! So far, no one has posted any photos of it, but if I can find some that don't really show most kid's faces, I'll post it!); 3- Bridge, 10-most boring family portrait, etc. I pretty much just pulled medieval-objects names out of thin air and random numbers and then threw in Family Dragon randomly! It was really fun to watch!


Family-Friendly Court!



And now I'm going back to studying!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to compliment myself on not posting photos that clearly show any one child's face! I did that for safety reasons.

    ReplyDelete