Monday, April 16, 2012

Semester projects & SCA Stuff

I haven't updated in awhile, because this semester is drawing to a close and I am up to my eyeballs in semester projects!

School Stuff

I spent a good part of the weekend working on my Lesson Plan Portfolio for Geology. I will probably post some of  them this summer (After I test them out on real children?) Here are the Graphics, Titles and Topics for your viewing pleasure:
 (Feel free to email me at midnightpeapod(at)gmail(dot)com if you really want to see the lesson plan, intended grade level, and corresponding Michigan GLCS.)

Magnificent M&M's Make Us Super Sleuths - The Scientific Method

Under Pressure - Weather Measurement

Fake Fossils - Fossils

Classroom Change-Up - Humans impact our environment.

Ice Cube Circus - Water as a liquid and solid.

The Moon is a Cookie - Phases of the Moon
 Thanks to Google and YouTube, while figuring out what I would do for this unit, I found this video. As a result, I have had this song stuck in my head for the last two days :

Mudslide - Erosion

Plant People - The Sun helps things grow.

Recycling Relay - The supply of natural resources is limited.

Soil Stroll - Identify Earth materials that occur in nature.

The Sun is a Cookie - Identify the Sun as a common object in the sky.
This lesson includes this video while the students are enjoying the product of their labor:


Time to Use Our Resources - Using Earth Materials

Tornado Training - Severe Weather Safety

The Water Cycle Arts - The Water Cycle
The Water Cycle Song tune is "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain." Included in this activity is making a bracelet, both came from Mrs. Bainbridge's Class blog.

This Wednesday is the dance recital at school, and I will not be performing, instead I am either the Stage Manager or the Backstage Runner (my teacher keeps flip-flopping.)

SCA Stuff

Last week, Emmy led an Archery Demonstration at the Brighton Library,
and I made this video for it:




This coming Saturday is It Takes My Child to Raze a Village. I am so grateful to my Mom for taking a good deal of the planning off my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment