Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Sojourn

Last Friday evening, we (Mom, Dad, one of my sisters and I) piled into a rental car (Truly - the trunk was full of luggage, gifts and plants; and we had bags at our feet and more gifts on the ledge behind our heads! I wish I'd thought to take a photo! We didn't even bring everything we had originally planned!) Anyway, we piled into the car and headed to North Dakota. The official reason for the trip was to attend the Baptism of Mbaby, but the trip was also a good excuse to see my other two sisters and Jtot and my bro-in-law and his parents.  :)

We drove down through Indiana, across through Chicago, and up through Wisconsin and Minnesota to North Dakota.  The trip was over 20 hours, thanks to stop ad stop construction traffic through most of the journey - we drove straight through and arrived at our Hotel around 1:30pm.

I took this photo around 1:30am in Chicago - we hadn't moved for awhile.

 The Hotel had an indoor mini-golf course and a pool with a waterfall (we didn't have time for either and I was the only person to remember my suit anyway!)
A shot of both the pool and the mini golf course (the fake grass in the background)

The waterfall end of the pool.
My youngest sister, Twerp, stayed in the hotel with us because her husband was unable to join her on the trip.  Since she was driving alone for 10+ hours, she brought along her dog, Daisy, who also stayed in the hotel with us (yay for Dog-friendly hotels!)
Daisy falling asleep at my sister , Sarah's house

I didn't take any photos (with my phone) during the actual Baptism, because I was taking them with my sister's iPhone! But, I took this photo of Mbaby right before his Baptism!
Isn't he just precious?!?!
Sarah made the cake and Twerp made the fondant decorations


Another view of the cake

Other dessert options - Rasberry-Rhubarb tarts and Decadent Brownies

The Vegetable tray I helped assemble

I helped pick out the fruit at the store - but I was cutting veggies while this tray was assembled
Here's the Group shot from the Baptism (that I snagged from my sister's blog)

And a shot of the sisters! (Also snagged from my sister!)
 I took some photos of my parents holding their new grandson.
This one is kind of grainy, but it is a pretty good shot of Mbaby!

Grandma and Grandson


I love the look on my Dad's face!

I <3 this one!


















I took this photo while I was holding him! I think it is a great face shot! :o)


We (Dad, Emo and I) left Mom in ND, and drove home Monday (We left super-early). We decided to see if driving straight across Minnesota, Wisconsin and the U.P. was a better trip. The following are photos from the drive home --which took two hours less than the trip to ND. Oh, and it was gorgeous!












I didn't notice "Laura" until after I snapped the photo! lol There were several outcroppings with similar graffiti.


Somewhere in Wisconsin



Lake Superior
Lake Superior on the Left

Lake Superior and the most common variety of tree we saw (aka an orange barrel)

Lake Michigan

Lake Michigan waves



Approaching the Mackinac Bridge

On the Mackinac Bridge



Exiting the Mackinac Bridge


Gingerbread-looking Lutheran Church we saw (ELCA)





No comments:

Post a Comment