Monday, July 2, 2012

Single Sentements

This is a poem. I wrote it. It is also full of truth.

Some days I am really jealous wishful envious.
Some days I am really sick of being Single.
Some days I really wish I had my own children, now, already.
I am almost 30.
Most of my friends from high school are married or in a committed relationship, and have been for awhile now.
Most of those people have at least one child.
Most of those people are not living with their parents.
I am not even dating anyone.
In Health class, in high school, we had to predict what we would be doing in ten years.
In my project, I would be married, drive a Model T, own a log cabin, have two dogs, work as a teacher and have at least 3 kids.
In my prediction, I also won Disney's Teacher of the year, and got to go to DisneyLand with my class.
I have a cat, almost an Associate's degree, my cars have all died, I live with my parents and I have never been to DisneyLand (or World).
Sometimes, it is hard to remember that God is writing my love story.
Sometimes, I wonder if, maybe, it is my future husband who isn't ready for me.
Sometimes, I am grateful that I am single and do not have many responsibilities.
I have collected many experiences and lessons and ideas and truths. Perhaps, I have a few more things to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment